Saturday, March 15, 2014

Wedding Singers - Magic!

As a close up magician, I often improvise and ad-lib my performances. For example, I can't plan on closing my act with a watch steal incase no one is wearing one.
I've never been one for sticking to a set act or script, because someone may say or do something, which could take me in a completly different direction, and you wouldn't want to miss out on a brilliant opportunity.

Sometimes the most memorable moments happen 'off the cuff'.

With that it mind, I was at a wedding show at the weekend hosted by Bridefayre.
Amongst the entertainment was my friend Richard Comfort, a Wedding Singer 
You can hear him sing HERE
Richard has been a professional vocalist for over 20 years, and I've had the pleasure of hearing him sing at a number of wedding fayres. He has a large repertoire of songs covering a wide variety of styles.

Another singer Natalie Nightingale, I met for the first time on Sunday.
WOW. Visit her website to hear her sing


She can sing! A guest had asked if she could perform any 1940's songs, and she did. Right there!

It wasn't planned, but it was a memorable moment.

As was the duet Natalie and Richard performed. Completely off the cuff, as someone had happen to mentioned they should sing together. 
No planning, no rehearsal, just two professionals at the top of their game.

You can view a video of their fantastic performance on the Bridefayre facebook page HERE








No comments:

Post a Comment